Hairstyles go in and out of style and the same can be said for body hair. Asking a man to shave his body hair might have been considered weird or even perverted 30 odd years ago, but is now a perfectly normal thing to do. If you are a man and your partner asks you to shave your back, chest or even down there, don’t be afraid to it, but only if it doesn’t make you feel uncomfortable.
There are a few reasons why women might ask a man to shave his bodily hair:
- It’s more hygienic. Excessive hair leads to more sweat and that can lead to unpleasant smells. If you have problems with odor, don’t hesitate to shave those trouble areas.
- Some women might subconsciously connect body hair to aging and if they prefer younger looking guys, it’s possible that they might ask their man to get rid of the fluff.
- Other women might feel intimidated by a man with too much hair. This is certainly not always the case, but some women want their men to tone down their masculinity to assert control over their relationship.
- What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Women may feel that if they are expected to be cleanly shaven, their men should be as well. It’s only fair.
- Sometimes it’s just a sexual preference. Some women might feel that too much hair down there can get in the way of a good time.
Always respect your partner’s wishes when it comes to their preferences regarding your body, but never forget to respect yourself as well.
Image credit: AskMen